The 3rd ISSUP Workshop will take place together with the 19th International Congress on Addictions organised by Centros de Integración Juvenil (CIJ), in Cancún, Mexico, from December 4-8, 2017. ISSUP is pleased to collaborate with our Mexican partners at CIJ to provide access to training, information and research to those involved in the field of substance use prevention or treatment. ISSUP will coordinate training from a range of international partners to run concurrently with CIJ’s 19th International Congress including Colombo Plan DAP, WHO, PAHO, CADCA, CICAD, UNODC and others.
All trainees are also free to participate in the CIJ Congress. We hope you are able to join us in Mexico for this important exchange of knowledge and practices focused on promoting healthy lifestyles.
Please register now! Go to www.issup.net/mexico-2017 for more information.
The ISSUP-3 Workshop consists of 19 training courses as follows:
- UTC – 1: Physiology and Pharmacology for Addiction Professionals (conducted in Spanish)
- UTC – 2: Treatment for Substance Use Disorders – The Continuum of Care for Addiction Professionals (conducted in Spanish)
- UTC – 4: Basic Counselling Skills for Addiction Professionals (conducted in Spanish)
- UTC – 6: Case Management for Addiction Professionals & UTC – 7: Crisis Intervention for Addiction Professionals (conducted in English)
- Training of Trainers in Treating Adolescents with Substance Use Disorders (conducted in English)
- Creating Drug Free Communities (conducted in Spanish)
- Policymaker training: The nature, prevention and treatment of drug use and drug use disorders (conducted in English and Spanish)
- 2-day Training for Health Professionals on Identification and Management of Substance Use and Substance Use Disorders (SUDs) in Pregnancy (conducted in English)
- Workshop for health professionals treating women with SUDs (conducted in English)
- Public health dimension of the world drug problem: Addressing challenges for public health policies, plans & programs (conducted in Spanish)