To apply, please visit: https://careers.asam.org/jobs/12170822/sud-counselor
Pathways is seeking an innovative and purpose driven individual to join our team as Substance Abuse Counselor at our Lake Isabella location . This position is full-time.
Manages and coordinates the substance abuse clinical/program modalities. Participates in program structure/design with therapeutic supervisor and provides clinical evaluation, treatment planning and individual and group counseling.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Provides individual, family and group counseling to adults and adolescents with substance abuse problems
• Determines causal relationship between substance addiction, socio-economic factors and personality traits
• Designs and implements treatment plans identifying goals to be achieved
• Coordinates with other treatment team members when specialized services required
• Works cooperatively with community agencies in the coordination of rehabilitation services for clients
• Counsels family members of clients to provide emotional support and provide information
• Reviews case records and refers clients to medical or psychiatric services as appropriate
• Leads client group utilizing accepted therapy mode, group therapy techniques and basic skills training
• Participates in utilization review activities
• Participates in the evaluation of counseling methods for the effective treatment of substance abuse related problems
• Prepares correspondence and reports as required
• Properly documents client’s progress on charts
• Assists in coordinating and synchronizing substance abuse and service plan issues
• Meets with clinicians to report observations and reactions to clients and to review clients progress
• Identify and build upon the strengths of consumers, coworkers, and the communities we serve.
• Support consumers’ steps towards Recovery and Wellness.
• Create an organizational culture that respects and celebrates the diversity of our consumers.
• Value learning as an ongoing process that enables us to better service our consumers and establishes our leadership in the industry.
• Research and utilize our industry’s best practices and analyze our own services to ensure the best possible outcomes.
• Requires a current Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor in California .
• Community clinic, psychiatric hospital or residential placement experience required and knowledge of rehabilitation philosophy preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills, good written and verbal communication skills, and organization skills required.
• Several years’ experience as a Substance Abuse Counselor. Knowledge of rehabilitation philosophy required.
• Basic typing and PC skills required.