The goal is to develop and evaluate a mobile messaging based brief intervention for hazardous drinking in adolescents.
Deadline for submission: 20th November, 2018.
About this post
Sangath is seeking to hire a Research Coordinator for its POWERTXT project. The project will be implemented in Goa under the auspices of Sangath. The post-holder will work closely with the Fellow and have overall responsibility for the design and implementation of formative and pilot research for the design of the POWERTXT intervention. The post is based in Goa and is for a starting appointment for one year, extendable by a further three years, starting from January, 2019 or as soon as possible after this date.
• Provide overall leadership to the team.
• Design research protocols and tools necessary for the conduct of formative research to inform the design of treatment manuals and protocols.
• Design research protocols and tools necessary for the conduct of pilot RCT to inform the design of the definitive RCT.
• Ensure all research activities are GCP compliant.
• Supervise the implementation of data management protocols and monitor data quality.
• Develop a supervision system and supervise the research team who will conduct all research activities.
• Coordinate the implementation of all research studies/sub-studies including, data collection and analysis using appropriate software.
• Draft scientific reports for publication.
• Appropriate (post-graduate) qualification in public health research methodology/clinical research methodology or equivalent
• Strong experience in conducting qualitative research and data analyses
• Research publications
• Competencies in data management and statistical analysis using appropriate analysis packages/software.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good organizational skills
• High level of computer skills
• Fluency in written in English
• Commitment to be based in Goa for at least 3 years
• Experience in quantitative research methodologies
• Experience working on randomized controlled trials.
• Experience in mental health research
• Fluency in Konkani /Hindi, and/or Marathi
If you are interested in this post, and feel you meet the essential requirements, send your detailed CV and completely filled self-assessment form (attached) to email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in the week of 26th November, 2018.
TOR_Research-Coordinator_1_11_18.docx.pdf (183.3 KB)